Steven's advocacy for individuals who are deaf and hard of hearing in Idaho has brought about many positive changes. He is an inspiration and a role model to those around him and has shown, by example, the full capability and heights to which a person can aspire and attain.
As the Executive Director of the Idaho Council for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, Steven has single-handedly changed the attitude of many governmental officials, businesses and agencies about the needs and concerns of individuals with hearing loss. Under his leadership, the Council has been transformed from a small state agency to an agency with enormous possibilities for advocating and serving Idaho's deaf and hard of hearing population.
Outlined below are the various organizations in which Steven has been involved:
- Vice-chair Idaho Educational Services for the Deaf and the Blind (2 Terms)
- Idaho Assistive Technology Project Board Member (1st Term)
- Disability Rights Idaho Board Member (1st Term)
- Deaf Center of Idaho Board Member
- Member of Idaho Supreme Court Taskforce - for evaluation of services for individuals who are deaf and hard of hearing
- Idaho Sound Beginnings Board Member
- Consortium of Idahoans with Disabilities Board Member
- Member of the Idaho Association of the Deaf
- Member of the National Association of the Deaf
- Member of the Idaho Interpreter Licensure Taskforce
Steven has been described by his peers as having the ability to "get things done". He is a patient and resilient person with great goals and ambitions for improved services for Idahoans who are deaf and hard of hearing.
This leadership recognition has been brought to you by Hamilton Relay.
About Hamilton Relay
Hamilton Relay offers a variety of services including Telecommunications Relay Services, Captioned Telephone and Internet Relay services. Hamilton provides Telecommunications Relay and/or Captioned Telephone services to 17 states, the District of Columbia, the Island of Saipan and the Virgin Islands. More information is available at hamiltonrelay.com.