Creating opportunities for higher education is a priority for Hamilton Relay. Hamilton is proud to have the opportunity each year to recognize a high school senior who is deaf, hard of hearing, deaf-blind, or has difficulty speaking for their accomplishments. Applications were reviewed from qualifying high school students living within one of the states where Hamilton Relay is the contracted Relay and/or Captioned Telephone service Provider and each individual was selected after writing an essay on communication technology. We are excited to announce the following individuals as the recipients of the 2013 Hamilton Relay Scholarship:
- California: Tara Beltrami, St. Helena, California
- Georgia: Renee Glisson, Cumming, Georgia.
- Iowa: Gabrielle Humlicek, Honey Creek, IA
- Idaho: Emily Coleman, Boise, Idaho
- Louisiana: Eldresha McKnight, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Massachusetts: Drew Wethington, Fairhaven, Massachusetts
- Maryland: Adam Kassem, La Plata, Maryland
- Maine: George Dennis, Portland, Maine
- New Mexico: Alexandria Wick, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
- Tennessee: Benjamin Cooke, Memphis, Tennessee
- Utah: Brooklyn Moore, La Verkin, Utah
- Virginia: William Waggoner, Chesapeake, Virginia
About Hamilton Relay
Hamilton Relay offers a variety of services including Telecommunications Relay Services, Captioned Telephone and Internet Relay services. Hamilton provides Telecommunications Relay and/or Captioned Telephone services to 16 states and the Island of Saipan. More information is available at hamiltonrelay.com.