Erika McGrath of Los Angeles, California has been selected as the recipient of the Hamilton Relay 2019 Deaf Community Leader Award for the state of California. She is a well-known volunteer and advocate for the California Deaf community.
Erika studies communication disorder at Cal State University of Northridge in order to become an audiologist for the community. Her other roles in assisting the community include the following:
- Member of the deaf CSUNians Club 2018-19
- Office Assistant at the John Tracy Center: Summer 2019 – current.
- Cheviot hills Summer Day Camp Counselor of 2019.
- AG Bell LOFT summer program participant: Summer of 2016
- Panel speaker at the John Tracy Center
Working at the John Tracy Center Erika consistently works in doing outreach work concerning Alumni family. Helping to cultivate strong connections and assisting those around her highlights her leadership skills.
Erika works to assist her community with compassion and consistent dedication. We commend Erika for her work ethic and are proud to present her with the Deaf Community Leader Award for the state of California.