Both passionate and motivated, Christopher guides positive change within the State of Georgia. He encourages empowerment for individuals who are deaf and has devoted countless hours of his time toward advocacy efforts on both local and national levels.
Christopher is a strong advocate for communication accessibility and interpreting services for individuals who are deaf. He was actively involved with the Georgia Advocacy Office to ensure that medical professionals have the resources to provide effective communication. He also worked to partner the Georgia Association of the Deaf with the Georgia Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf to host workshops for deaf individuals looking to become Certified Deaf Interpreters. Additionally, he lobbied for the State of Georgia to accept American Sign Language (ASL) as a foreign language in the public schools.
Furthermore, Christopher urged the State of Georgia to adopt the Deaf Child Bill of Rights and was co-chair of the first Deaf Children's Literacy Benefit Gala in Atlanta, Georgia. This event was a huge success gaining exposure to literacy issues surrounding children who are deaf.
Beyond his multiple advocacy efforts, Christopher is involved in the following:
- Georgia Association of the Deaf
- Board Member/Officer/Vice President/President 2004 – 2010
- Jr. NAD Director 2011 – 2012
- Fundraising Chair 2011 – Present
- Conference Chair 2011 – Present
- National Association of the Deaf
- Region III Representative
- Conference Chair for 2014
- Troy University Interpreter Training Program Club: Club Advisor 2009 – 2011
- ASL Dawgs: Club Advisor 2011 – Present
- Access to Effective Communications with Georgia Advocacy Office: 2011 – Present
- University of Georgia: ASL Lecturer
Christopher's peers have described him as a warm and gracious individual with the ability to listen and observe the needs of his surrounding community. His ability to follow-through and achieve the goals he has set forth for himself is impressive - Georgia is fortunate to have such an individual.
This leadership recognition has been brought to you by Hamilton Relay.
About Hamilton Relay
Hamilton Relay offers a variety of services including Telecommunications Relay Services, Captioned Telephone and Internet Relay services. Hamilton provides Telecommunications Relay and/or Captioned Telephone services to 16 states, the Island of Saipan and the Virgin Islands. More information is available at hamiltonrelay.com.