Carolyn Meyer is an extremely active individual within the hearing loss community of Pennsylvania. She advocates for communication access wherever she sees a need, thus having a major impact on the lives of many individuals with hearing loss.
Carolyn works diligently with individuals who seek advice in adjusting to the personal challenges they face with their own hearing loss. Having received a cochlear implant in 2004, she offers her experience and support to individuals considering cochlear implants and provides answers to the questions they may have before and after implantation. She has conducted presentations on "Coping with Hearing Loss" and spends time educating the families, friends, professionals and businesses who know and work with individuals with hearing loss on how to maintain effective communication.
Among her tireless efforts in the community, Carolyn holds the following leadership positions:
- Hearing Loss Association of Pennsylvania (HLA-PA), Advisory Council Member
- HLA-PA, Philadelphia Chapter President
- HLA-PA, Walk4Hearing Committee
- HLA-PA, Outreach Chairperson
- Member of the Mayor's Commission on Disabilities in Philadelphia
- Member of the "Independence Starts Here" Committee (advocates for greater accessibility to local theaters, cultural events, art venues, etc for individuals with hearing loss)
Considered by her peers to be a woman of many talents, Carolyn is regarded as intelligent and someone who knows how to get a job done. She never lacks ideas in how to improve a situation and is described as a woman who is generous with her time, with her energy, and with her knowledge.
This leadership recognition has been brought to you by Hamilton Relay.
About Hamilton Relay
Hamilton Relay offers a variety of services including Telecommunications Relay Services, Captioned Telephone and Internet Relay services. Hamilton provides Telecommunications Relay and/or Captioned Telephone services to 17 states, the Island of Saipan and the Virgin Islands. More information is available at hamiltonrelay.com.