Alice resides in Staunton, Virginia and is well-known and respected within the deaf community. Her passion for supporting individuals who are deaf is clearly evidenced by both her advocacy efforts and volunteerism. As a teacher for more than 30 years, Alice inspired and educated students at the Virginia School for the Deaf and Blind (VSDB). Although now retired, she continues to tirelessly contribute her expertise and skills toward a variety of organizations throughout Virginia:
- Appointed by the Governor to the Board of Visitors of VSDB in Staunton, VA
- Actively participates in the Blue Ridge Association of Deaf Senior Citizens – An association that contributes greatly to VSDB in the provision of school supplies
- Volunteers at the Deaf History Museum
- Leads a Bible study class at First Baptist Church in Staunton, VA
- Volunteers time to arrange baskets of necessities for individuals who are deaf and who are primarily confined to their homes or other facilities
- Involved in the Virginia Association of the Deaf (VAD), roles include:
- Current Treasurer (Skyline Chapter)
- Current Chair of Finance Committee
- Past President (Skyline Chapter)
- Past Secretary (Skyline Chapter)
- Involved in the National Association of the Deaf
- Member of Deaf Seniors of America
- Alumni: Robert E. Lee Chapter of Gallaudet University
- Alumni: Phi Kappa Zeta Sorority
Alice's peers describe her as kind and trustworthy. We commend her for her many contributions as well as her dedication to enhancing the lives of individuals who are deaf.
This leadership recognition has been brought to you by Hamilton Relay.
About Hamilton Relay
Hamilton Relay offers a variety of services including Telecommunications Relay Services, Captioned Telephone and Internet Relay services. Hamilton provides Telecommunications Relay and/or Captioned Telephone services to 16 states, the Island of Saipan and the Virgin Islands. More information is available at hamiltonrelay.com.