Katharine (Kathy) Evans is a dedicated advocate for individuals with hearing loss. Through her leadership skills and constant encouragement, she has enhanced the lives of many individuals. Kathy has been described by her peers as a team player who carries out her visions in improving accessibility and services for individuals with hearing loss throughout the State of Utah.
Kathy brings a wealth of knowledge and skills to each of the following organizations:
- Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA): National member since 1991
- President of HLA-Salt Lake Chapter from 2000-2006
- Member of chapter steering committee from 2006-2012
- Committee planning member for Salt Lake Walk4Hearing events
- Kickoff Chairperson in 2010 and 2011 for Salt Lake Walk4Hearing
- Currently serves as treasurer of the Salt Lake Chapter
- Utah Communication Access Network, formerly known as the Utah Popcorn Coalition: This advocacy organization works to improve access to services and information for individuals in Utah who are deaf or hard of hearing, regardless of communication methodology.
- Instrumental in establishing the organization in 2001
- Served twice as chairperson
- Currently serves as co-chair
- Association of Late-Deafened Adults (ALDA)
- Member since 2001
- Member of the national convention (ALDAcon) program committee for four years
- ALDAcon planning co-chair in 2005
- Currently serves as Region Director on the National Board of Directors.
- Served on the Utah Homeland Security Special Needs Committee, representing individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing (connection established through the Popcorn Coalition).
- Utah Division of Services to the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DSDHH)
- Served as member of the Advisory Council for six years
- Former chairperson
- Helped prepare and promote materials for better accommodations for individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing at funeral homes
- Participated on a committee for better telephone access in hospitals
- Encouraged state legislators to support funding and programs for the agency
- Teacher in the Hard of Hearing Program
It is an honor to recognize Kathy for her exemplary services. Her many accomplishments and contributions to individuals with hearing loss throughout the State of Utah are commendable.
This leadership recognition has been brought to you by Hamilton Relay.
About Hamilton Relay
Hamilton Relay offers a variety of services including Telecommunications Relay Services, Captioned Telephone and Internet Relay services. Hamilton provides Telecommunications Relay and/or Captioned Telephone services to 17 states, the Island of Saipan and the Virgin Islands. More information is available at hamiltonrelay.com.